[Sugar-devel] Sugar Feet Logo #DebuggingUI [WAS: Re: Flat design causes uncertainty]
Laura Vargas
2017-09-13 02:04:32 UTC
Thank you Sebastian!!!!
Hi Laura,
:-)
My personal preference would be to modify the child centered concept it
currently has for an icon that represents the concept of *"using
technology for loving Planet Earth"*.
Peace, love, Planet Earth and/or the "sustainable development" concept on
the main icon will resonate easy with a young generation that today witness
the need for this radical change :D
While I see where you're coming from, I think you're proposing a radical
change. The strong idea is to put the learner at the centre of his own
learning, signified in Sugar by the XO's logo prominence.
The fact remains that the XO logo icon is a registered trademark
<http://www.trademarkia.com/xo-78880051.html> and therefore we need to
change it, in order to protect our users and downstream distributors from
any limitations imposed by the trademark owner.
+1
Here's what I have currently merged to solved it for now, and it is
already in the Github repository, where a discussion is being held. I'm
sure it can be improved, from the original by Abdo from Noun Project, I
stretched it sideways. I think it conveys "self" "child" and also has a bit
of "feet touching earth" which is very powerful. Also, it has a slight
resemblance to our bigger brother, Gnome, for good reason.
I hope you like it!
*I love the Feet Logo. Lots of thanks for doing this for Sugar :D*

*The new icon is simple, elegant and fits the purpose of clearly setting
the starting point of the Sugar experience:*

Indeed the "feet touching earth" are very powerful concept totally aligned
with the GDG.

The fact they look like they are about to start walking sets a "resilience
tone" ideal for learners.

Finally, I think it serves well for the purpose of distancing Sugar from
any particular vendor...
*Yes! Sugar Labs needs to be totally neutral will all hardware vendors.*

I would love to see it on Sugarizer too!

Brilliant.

Warm regards,
Sebastian
--
Laura
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good