GSOC project report for week 2
Add Reply
pericherla seetaramaraju
2017-06-26 10:38:28 UTC
Hi,

Thanks a lot James Cameron for your suggestions. I apologise for the delay
in replying to your mail. Even though the repository doesn't show that it
is a fork of the www-sugarlabs repository, the development and new code has
been added on the forked version. The website will be targeting the laptops
running Sugar. My mentors and I have found out that the large number of
requests are due to certain features present in the website. We tried to
optimize those features and are still working on it. We thought that these
features would be useful for the website and we are thinking of disabling
certain features to make the website more simple for certain browsers. I
have done the list of things suggested by you in order to test the website
on the laptops that are running Sugar and would be testing the website
using them. From the past 1-2 weeks, my concentration was on the
optimization and testing of the website. The design phase of the website is
done and it's still in the testing phase. As I go forward, I would be
making the website more compatible for different types of browsers by
testing it as much as possible and making the website more faster by
optimizing it. I hope I was able to answer your queries.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Seetarama Raju
Tony Anderson
2017-06-26 11:18:32 UTC
Hi, Seetarama

I think the website should be optimized for mainstream browsers - not
Sugar. An important goal for the website is to attract new users to
Sugar. Possibly the majority of Sugar users do not have access to the
internet.

Tony