[Sugar-devel] Incorrect Information
Sarthak gupta
2021-04-12 03:01:11 UTC
Hi Aditya,
I saw your proposal which you've sent on the mailing list. There are few
wrong things which you've mentioned in your proposal:

- You mentioned there is an incomplete implementation of mine but I've
not raised any pull request for measure activity. I had only discussion
with Lionel.
- The image which you've used is part of work on my *private branch*
which I've made for showing UI prototype for GSOC 2021. How did you find
this branch, I've not mentioned it anywhere.
- You've shown the proposed UI same as my work with little changes.
- Time period scaling and Waveform settings are exactly same as mine.
- You've used my code of audioprocess event listener and drawWaveform.

Regards,
Sarthak Gupta
(Github handle: sarthak-g)
James Cameron
2021-04-12 06:48:11 UTC
Thanks for pointing that out. Use of other people's work should be credited.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC#want-to-work-with-us-

Aditya will be expected to revise their proposal to add this, if appropriate.
https://quozl.linux.org.au/
Aditya sinha
2021-04-12 07:06:52 UTC
I had sent this mail to Sarthak, but I forgot to cc others. I am sending it
again.

Hi Sarthak,
Thank you for pointing out the above things.

- I'd like to know if I'm not allowed to use your work.
- The branch which you are talking about is publically upstreamed. I
found it on your github profile.
- I have mentioned that the work on waveform is done and I am not
repeating anything during the coding period. I am continuing on other parts
of activity after this.
- Any suggestions that my proposal will not be in conflict among mentors.

Regards,
Aditya Sinha
https://quozl.linux.org.au/
Sarthak gupta
2021-04-12 08:01:52 UTC
Hi Aditya,
I'm also a GSOC 2021 participant. I've sent a proposal for Sugarizer
Measure Activity. I've created that branch to show the UI prototype and
functioning of some features.

Regards,
Sarthak Gupta
https://quozl.linux.org.au/
Chihurumnaya Ibiam
2021-04-12 23:20:21 UTC
Hi Sarthak,

I understand that you're an intending GSoC participant and it won't sit
right with you while someone
wants to use your ongoing work for their own proposal while you're also
applying for same but after looking
at the both proposal and having seen that he'd given credit to you, I don't
think that there's anything for you to
worry about, as the final decision about who'd work on what rests with the
mentors and the mentors take a lot
of things into consideration when reviewing a proposal.
--
Ibiam Chihurumnaya
Post by Sarthak gupta
I've not mentioned it anywhere.
• You've shown the proposed UI same as my work with little changes.
• Time period scaling and Waveform settings are exactly same as mine.
• You've used my code of audioprocess event listener and
drawWaveform.
Post by Sarthak gupta
Regards,
Sarthak Gupta
(Github handle: sarthak-g)
Aditya sinha
2021-04-13 05:40:24 UTC
Hi everyone.
I wasn't aware that Sarthak was also going to participate in GSOC. I was
under the assumption that he was one of the members of the organisation who
has made an UI prototype on which other participants could work on. I
realized that there is very little time for me to completely change my
proposal and remove Sarthak's part. I never want to steal someone's work
and have decided to give him full credit for his work in my final proposal
where I will clearly mention all the work which he has done. I would leave
the rest of the decision to mentors.

Regards,
Aditya Sinha
Post by Sarthak gupta
Hi Aditya,
I'm also a GSOC 2021 participant. I've sent a proposal for Sugarizer
Measure Activity. I've created that branch to show the UI prototype and
functioning of some features.
Regards,
Sarthak Gupta
Post by Sarthak gupta
• You've used my code of audioprocess event listener and
drawWaveform.
Post by Sarthak gupta
Regards,
Sarthak Gupta